Senior Information Technology Administrator
Multi-disciplined A/E design firm is seeking an experienced Senior Information Technology Administrator. From our offices in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston, we continue to enrich people’s lives through design by providing comprehensive architectural, MEP engineering, and interior design services throughout the state of Texas.
The firm was established in 1950 by the first architect for the state department of health. Over the years, the practice grew to design of healthcare environments that have supported groundbreaking work in rural and urban across Texas. The Firm realized the further impact it could have on the community when services were expanded to designing schools in Austin in the mid-1960’s. Since that time, we have developed a specialized expertise that has led to working with public school districts, educational organizations, colleges, and universities around the state, creating classrooms and athletic facilities that inspire and engage students and teachers alike.
Today, we continue to concentrate on elevating our design of healthcare and education environments, along with a variety of other building types, which all focus on a single purpose: to enrich people’s lives through design.
To employ an experienced, professional Senior Information Technology Administrator that possesses a unique blend of technical competence; effective communication and organizational skills; and can maximize the collective strengths of the team environment. The ideal candidate will be motivated to provide continuous quality-oriented services in a high profile position. The candidate will be a team member who can effectively develop technology strategy to impact the security and growth of an expanding architectural, engineering and interiors firm.
Senior Information Technology Administrator Job Purpose:
The Senior IT Administrator maintains the corporate computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance; researching, implementing technological strategic solutions while maintaining the integrity of the network and proactively addressing vulnerabilities. The Senior IT Administrator will work collaboratively and through teamwork with the current IT Administrators.
Senior Information Technology Administrator Job Duties:
- Plan, implement and maintain system and network infrastructure.
- Design, install, and configure internal and external facing systems, network devices and firewalls.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Vulnerability management. Lead security related initiatives.
- Serve as an escalation point for other IT staff members.
- Create technical support documentation for system, network, and applications.
- Monitor network to provide optimal performance.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
- Implement and monitoring EDR and MDR anti-virus software and network traffic to identify potential cyber-attacks.
- Server maintenance and backing up the Microsoft 365 environment.
- Website development capabilities are a strong plus.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual IT budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Provide IT support coverage when IT staff are on PTO.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Complete understanding of corporate IT expectations, with strength in security.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies, TCP/IP and network troubleshooting practices.
- Experience with Dell Server and Storage technology.
- Windows Server and Windows 10 troubleshooting skills.
- Microsoft certification.
- Experience administering MS365 including email, OneDrive and Teams
- A team mentality and highly developed interpersonal skills are required.
- Experience developing and maintaining a budget.
- Proven ability to provide strategic planning, project management and vendor management.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
At O’Connell Robertson, benefits include:
- Remote work benefits and flexibility
- Health insurance
- 401K opportunity and matching
- Dental, life, disability and vision insurance
- 125 cafeteria plan
- Paid Time Off (used at discretion of employee)
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Lynette Jarrell at firstname.lastname@example.org and place “Application: Senior IT Administrator” in subject line.