Interior Design – Technical Designer Position
Austin or San Antonio, Texas
O’Connell Robertson, with office locations in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston Texas has the opportunity for an Interior Designer with a passion for technical document delivery and FF&E for Healthcare and Education projects. This position will be located in either our Austin or San Antonio office.
The position requires proficiency in the following software programs;
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Adobe Suite
- Newforma Project Center
- MS Office 365
Specifically, candidates should have the following skills and aptitudes:
- 5- 7 years’ experience with strong technical design knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree at accredited Interior Design University, licensed candidates preferred
- Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects with an organized approach
- Knowledge of furnishing, materials, and products relevant to market segment
- Knowledge of specifications, furniture procurement, construction methods, codes, and zoning
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks with little oversight
- Advanced skills and proficiency in Revit and Adobe Suite
- Ability to work in a highly visible, collaborative, team oriented environment
- Willingness to collaborate across multiple offices and travel to project sites as required
- Oversee technical delivery of design projects and assist in drafting construction documents
- Lead FF&E projects, working collaboratively with project designer
- Maintain technical design standards for Interiors Practice working collaboratively with Architectural Technical Delivery team and Interiors Practice Leader.
- Guide team on appropriate methods of realizing and detailing design concepts
- Assist with production of presentation imagery
- On site meetings with teams in Austin and San Antonio
- Participate in developing and overseeing documentation of design concepts for a variety of project sizes and types
We provide a corporate work environment that is team structured, and we place a high value on individual professional development. In addition to a comprehensive benefit package and competitive salary, the right candidate can expect to join a work environment that is as much about community as productivity.
Learn more about our Mission driven approach to design, exciting projects, and corporate vision at www.oconnellrobertson.com.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Jayna Duke at email@example.com with the subject “Application: Interior Designer Position”.