History
In 1950, William O’Connell, AIA, the first architect for the Texas Department of Health, started his own firm in Austin.

Famed cardiac surgical pioneer Dr. Michael DeBakey asked Mr. O’Connell to design environments to support his groundbreaking work.

More than 60 years later the firm, now known as O’Connell Robertson, has offices in Austin and San Antonio with expert staff who provide comprehensive architectural, master planning, interior design, MEP engineering, construction administration and sustainable design services for healthcare and educational institutions throughout the southwest.